Monday, September 23, 2013

Worldview Questionnaire

Men are, by nature, leaders and women are, by nature, torturing and caring. ‘Evil’ comes from within people- not from external source. Homosexuality is inherently wrong. Violence is a natural part of whom we are, regardless of how we are brought up.

These were just a few of the statements that we had to rank from 1-10 (1 being “strongly agree” and 10 being “strongly disagree”). I honestly struggled with answer some of them, just because some of the statements that I believed in contradicted with another statement that I thought to be very true. For example, I agreed that there is a God is not merely an escape from reality. I believe that He is real, and that He is the creator of all things natural. However, I disagree that homosexuality is wrong. I believe that ‘wrong’ is too much of a judgmental word, and should only be used when one is certain about something. I am not a strong supporter of gay rights, however I believe that God created everyone unique- with different interests. If he created a man to love a man, I don’t think it is anyone’s right to hold it against them and critic them in any way. Then follows the question ‘How do we know if these statements are wrong or right?”

Like the questionnaire, I truly think that everyone is entitled to his or her own opinions and beliefs. We discussed about how experience plays a big role in what we know. If one has gone through the process or an event and has felt and sensed the particular moment, I think that one truly knows the truth about that event. I do believe that without experiencing something, you cannot truly know for certain. But on the other hand… what about religion? I’m still confused about spiritual beliefs.  Sure, if I had experienced a very obvious miracle from God, it could prove that there is physically a God in our lives. With only stories to tell, how can one be so certain? This is where I think I struggle the most…


No comments:

Post a Comment